Grateful Dead Live at Southern Star Amphitheater on 1985-08-30
C C Rider
Looks Like Rain
Scarlet Begonias ->
Touch Of Grey
Samson And Delilah ->
Gimme Some Lovin' ->
The Wheel ->
The Other One ->
- Great clarity in the vocals and highs, especially Jerry's guitar and cymbals.
- Bob's vocals and guitar are high in the mix for a change, especially in the first set.
- 24/96 version will follow.
- Master Audience Cassettes provided by and from the collection of Mark McCue.
- From Mark - "sounds like everyone had brand new strings".
- Entire recording pitch corrected, using shnid #25470 as a guide.
- d1t02 Jack Straw - vocals cut in and out from 0:08 through 0:27.
- d2t05 Drums - Bob and Brent on stage from 0:00 through 1:15.
- d2t10 Morning Dew - static from 7:19 through 7:26.
- *"The Wheel" tease before "Gimme Some Lovin'"
- Shnid #25470 supplied patches for tape flips during Sets I and II and the intro to Scarlet Begonias.
- Big thank you to Jamie W. and Mike K. for their invaluable assistance.
Subject: Super sound!
- Taped by Adam, Justin & Monica.
- Transferred, edited and mastered by Alex Ford.
- First seeded to www.shnflac.net 12/08/2008
- SHNID 96289
- Brought To You By Live Music Preservation Project ( http://www.livemusicpreservationproject.com )
- Contact email@example.com
Subject: yup, Jerry sounds plug-awful
Nevertheless, this tape sounds AWESOME and boy I could list scores of shows that I wish had audience recordings, amplitheater shows in particular, that sound as good as this one. And, as usual, Drums>Space is awesome. But I can't give this show a stellar rating....5 stars for recording, 2 for performance (except Drums>Space, which is 5 stars)
Subject: Morning Dew...
Subject: Drumz & Space and then some.....
What a terrific recording. Nice job by the Albix-McCue team. Keep em coming.
and its right here
Uploaded by Matthew Vernon on